Monday 16 November 2015

Under Pressure?

Wednesday afternoon I got contacted by the lovely Jenny of Love Patchwork & Quilting, and now Today's Quilter too. They had a bit of an emergency. Could I make a quilt please? To be shipped off in less than a week. To someone else's pattern.

They would provide the fabric. It would arrive Thursday. I was out all day Thursday and thank goodness for neighbours who can sign for packages.

Friday morning looked like this after the school run.


26 yards of fabric and a sugar hit. I finished the quilt at lunchtime today - 74" square. It will be picked up by courier tomorrow. And that is probably the fastest I have ever made a quilt. Plus I think I will be able to reveal it in a few short weeks. Yay! No big long wait.

In other news, I can reveal who I made my Schnitzel & Boo Mini Swap mini for.


Yes, seriously! Over 1,000 people in the swap and I get a quilting friend I have known for over four years and have been in bees with for most of that time. You might think this makes it easier but it doesn't. I felt the pressure so much more. Katy says she likes it and I can only presume she is telling the truth. No sign of my mini from whoever made for me yet though.

I sit and wait. And watch others receive their's. And mutter to myself 'Well, I'm not getting that one then, am I?!' over and over again.

Susan

12 comments:

  1. Still waiting on mine too bird - if I get stung for a customs bill, I am going to cry!
    Well done on the mini and the whopper xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I love the mini and am pretty sure Katy is telling the truth. So now fingers crossed yours will arrive soon and it is going to be stunning too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm doing the same in the mini swap too. Well done on such a quick finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics, looking forward to seeing the quilt. Your mini is gorgeous, Katy is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 26 yards is a lot of fabric for one quilt, good for you for being a quilting superhero. I am sure Katy loves that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased to hear you made the quilt in time! I have been feeling really guilty as I couldn't help Jen out due to teaching all weekend so I am very happy to hear you heroically stepped in to the breach! Looking forward to seeing the result, and pleased to have a quilting buddy to keep me company at TQ (I've been feeling a bit lonely!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry...I haven't had one yet either but mine in the US got hers from me 10 days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 26 metres of fabric~! you get to keep what's left then? interesting that it was harder making for Katy when you know her. Lots of pressure there then. A great mini you made her. I lucked out this time big style, as you know. I hope yours arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The odds...but so fun to make for a real life friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 26 yards?!! Blimey, I hadn't realised there was that much! Love the mini you made for Katy, any sign of your parcel arriving?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking for ‪Canada‬ PR visa, Express Entry/PNP, ‪‎Spouse‬ ‪‎visa‬, Parents visa, Finding Temporary Job and Need Accommodation Please contact me.
    fill up your enquiries https://goo.gl/fB2oUh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did the swap parcel arrive for you? Your cushion is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.