Tuesday 10 March 2015

A Work Of Love

I didn't say anything here on the blog, but some of our wonderful Brit Bee group did on theirs, but we lost our most beloved Terri to cancer. Words cannot express our sorrow but we can focus on doing something for her even after she is gone.

Terri was one of the original Brit Bee ladies and participated in the first two years. Her blocks never got sewn into quilts though. That's where we come in. It was Terri's wish that these blocks become quilts to bring her two daughters comfort. We are going to ensure this happens. The centre block of each block has a prayer on it. I have taken on the task of embroidering one of the blocks. 


It feels good to be able to do something productive in aid of these quilts being completed. If you ever had the pleasure of meeting Terri you would know she was one of life's truly unique and wonderful indivuals. She lit up any room she was in and everyone loved her. The love and laughter that we all shared with her will last forever. 

I hope that the completed quilts will in some small measure wrap her girls in the incredible love she had for them.

Susan 

13 comments:

  1. The embroidery is beautiful. I am sure these quilts will be very much treasured by her daughters. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I know the completed quilts will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gals have huge hearts. How perfect for her daughters.
    So sorry you are all feeling the pain of losing a special person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. f**k cancer. That is all xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sorry. Your quilts will be little treasures of love for her daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry Susan. What a lovely thing you're doing with the quilts though
    R xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely thing to be doing in Terri's memory. Cancer f-ing sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant thing you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely legacy for Terri's girls. Cancer truly sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read that she had passed on one of the blogs. She was one of those people who when I met her I instantly liked her and wanted to be her friend. It is a sad thing that she is gone, and your bee is the best for taking such good care of her girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brit Bee is a beautiful group and I'm sure she feels all your love, even now that's she's gone. You are all a wonderful supportive group and her kids will cherish these quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.