Since I made the curtains for Helen's bedroom I thought I would use some of the other Nordika I had to make a couple more items for her. First up, some pillowcases.
I showed these on Istagram and some people inquired about what pattern I used. I didn't. I got one of our existing pillowcases, took general measurements and then made it up as I went along. I think I cut a width of fabric strip at 20" wide. Then I sewed the contrasting fabrics on the ends - 7.5" and 14" respectively. I sewed all seams wrong sides together at 1/8" and then turned them right sides together and did a 1/4" seam so there are no exposed raw edges. I folded the longer contrasting edge in half before sewing it all together to get the bit at the opening that holds the pillow into the case. It was really quick and easy all round and I would definitely do it again.
Next up, I made a cushion incorporating some of Kona pomegranate so that her bed would reflect the colours in the curtains.
Sixteen charms pieced, a piece of the panel fabric on the back, simple diamond quilting and then I unceremoniously sewed a zip in the bottom. Didn't try to hide it or anything. Just whacked in there without too much finesse. One cushion finished and one daughter happy. Job done!