Despite the fact that I have a number of projects on the go at the moment I went off piste yesterday and decided to try something new. Improv. For the most part uncharted waters for me. Armed with a new inspirational book, and with an idea festering since seeing an embroidery that intrigued me a couple of weeks ago, I started pulling fabric.
My palette was a simple blue, grey, white and orange one. I made six 6.5" squares with a Kona white background. Then I pieced these into a larger background of Kona deep blue.
Then I started doing some hand quilting with perle cotton in the squares.
And I machine quilted the blue with an Aurifil charcoal grey thread.
For such a quick project I am really pleased with my first proper foray into improv quilting.
The quilt measures up at 22" x 27". I forgot to put in hanging corners when I was sewing on the binding so I shall have to add those later. But since I finished it so quickly I thought I would enter it into the Bloggers Quilt Festival in the wall hangings category.
If you stopped by from the quilt festival, thank you so much. Sorry about the whole description of the creating process but I really did start this yesterday so it is being revealed for the first time in this post.
I hope everyone is enjoying visiting so many different blogs to view quilts. I know I am!