Friday 4 January 2013

The Final Quarter - Results

It's that time again. Time to check in with the Finish-a-Long and report on how I did. I am no where near 100% this time - again - but I am really happy with what I did manage to make, so without further ado here are the results from the fourth quarter list.

Make the Etchings cushion for my best friend. Done! And she loves it. Yay!


Lozenge paper piecing. Done! I made a tote bag and promptly decided to have a giveaway. Not even sure why that happened, but happy it did. The bag has gone off to a good home to be used and abused. (Seeing these photos, I think I want to make another one!)


One for the Birds - which featured on lists every quarter I think. Done! I am so happy with this. The recipient  says she is happy with it too. I get real satisfaction from finally seeing this project through to the end.


My Brit Bee quilt. No chance! I pretty well knew that when I put it on the list. I don't have all the blocks yet, and I don't mind one bit - mostly as it provides me with a ready excuse why it wasn't done. I know it wouldn't be done even if I had all the blocks but we won't get into that. There are so many beautiful blocks waiting to be turned into this quilt and it excites me every time I look at them. My bee buddies are the absolute best.


My Mouthy Stitches tote for the swap. Done! This had to be done, it was a sure fire guarantee finish as being one of the mamas means I am not allowed to mess up. Hadley and Cindy would skin me alive. (They wouldn't obviously, they would cover for me but I wouldn't want to let them down ever.)


Turn my diamond hexie epp mini into a cushion. Fail! Not sure why, just  had too many other things going on. It will only take a short time to do, and eventually it will happen. Meanwhile it lives very happily in my storage box.


So there you have it. I finished four of six projects. I am not going to go on about other stuff I made. We all made stuff before Christmas. I am just going to sit quietly here, smiling, happy that I made things I like. Gave things I liked to people I like and they liked them too. It's all good.

I'm linking this up to Rhonda's post and am off to look at what other people got done.

Susan

27 comments:

  1. Well done you!! I often add finished things to my list, just so I can tick them off. Crazy I know, but very satisfying. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 out of 6 is amazing, esp. given all the other stuff you were making and doing! Well done! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant finishes. I like looking back on your lovely makes. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. with all you had going on in the last few months and you still managed so many lovely finishes. You are an inspiration. Now, we need to make our next quarter list for Leanne! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. with all you had going on in the last few months and you still managed so many lovely finishes. You are an inspiration. Now, we need to make our next quarter list for Leanne! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. with all you had going on in the last few months and you still managed so many lovely finishes. You are an inspiration. Now, we need to make our next quarter list for Leanne! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you finished...and what you didn't! I'm amazed you managed to tick so many things off your list, what with everything going on and all the other things you made! Have fun making your list for this quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look fabulous, love the diamond epp, did you use a pattern for it, or make it up yourself? (I know you are very clever like that!) Ange x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not bad eh. That's pretty darn good as you had Christmas and all those presents to make during that time too. They are all super fab, so well done Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well 4 out of 6 is pretty good in my books. I've loved how this FAL has pushed us to get things finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 4 out of 6 is brilliant - especially as they are such fab makes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey you did loads! And all so bloomin lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a grand job! Given one is incomplete and the other only an hour it two away from being finished I'd call that quarter a total success! Abigail pat on the back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abigail ???? (Auto correct!!) a big pat on the back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Considering Christmas was chucked in there to trip us all up I think you did an AMAZING job. One for the Birds is gorgeous, love the etchings cushion and your totes are tres magnifique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the first time I've seen One for the birds, and I think I can spot a couple of familiar birdies in there! It looks brill (or should that be "trill?!") :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, well done! The bird quilt is really lovely and are the rest but the birds are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a pretty good success rate to me, especially in the run up to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous finishes. 4 out of 6 is brilliant (and I should know, haha) especially with all the other things you were making before Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your results re stunning and so will the unfinished ones be too! I still love how bright that swap tote is!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love love! that mouthy stitches tote with the hand quilting and citrus colors. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think my cushion is the least colorful thing you made, but it goes great in my living room and I really do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lots of lovelies! That bird quilt reminds me of a wall of family photos - very fun! And that bottom pic makes me think I need to start an EPP project soon... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done, you've made some really lovely things this quarter!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous finishes - I think you did just great. I love your diamond EPP especially. I think I'm going to do this FAL this year with Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's incredible how much you can do, and everything gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.