Wednesday 12 October 2011

Parenthood in Question

Is Emily really my daughter? I ask this for a very good reason. The man was coming over to do the yearly safety check on our gas boiler today. To allow him to do that I had to have a bit of a sort out of the utility room because it is a bit of a storage, pantry, full of lots of crap room. I wanted him to actually reach the combi boiler so her could do his job. In the process I found this lovely fellow.


Emily never ate her Easter chocolate! Granted she did get far more chocolate than required this year - what with winning the egg decorating at school, the Easter egg hunt, my MIL and SIL, not to mention the Easter bunny. But let's get back to the important bit, she didn't eat this bunny. Not any ordinary bunny but a Lindt bunny! It gets worse. She has told me she isn't bothered and she doesn't want it!

So I think I am going to have to get some DNA testing done to prove paternity maternity. Could any child of mine really turn their nose up at chocolate?! The silver lining to this cloud? She gave the bunny to me. Woohoo!!

Today I ticked a couple more boxes on my list of things to do. I made my partner in the Scrappy Swap two wee goodies. I am rather pleased with the way they came out. First was a simple (as opposed to Hadley's to die for complicated) needle book.

I stuck to the scrappy theme of the swap.
And used a bright orange felt to match the scrappy strip on the outside.
And I made a pin cushion to go with it. I quilted the pin cushion, which was a first for me, but I thought that the quilting went well with the scrappiness (and will help keep it from falling apart).



So now all I have to do is wait for the official posting date for the swap, and not forget to do so when the time comes. I hope my partner likes what I have put together for her. (You will be very surprised to know that both my partner for the DS Doll Quilt Swap and the Scrappy Swap have been very quiet people.)

Finally, I think some people were looking for proof that I got my hair cut or something. Demanding requesting a photo. Well here you go, the best of the bunch of self portraits I managed to take. Things I learned in the process (a) my 'smile lines' are more pronounced than I like to admit, (b) when you are taking your own photo you have to reach out your arm as long as possible therefore giving an unattractive twist to your neck, and (c) it would be sod's law that the best of the bunch also had our wheelie bin in the background. For better, or for worse, this is the photo.



And that's the day so far today.

Susan



23 comments:

  1. It's a very smart wheelie bin tho!
    Thanks for making me smile this afternoon and I hope the bunnie isn't foostie...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very posh! And a very "myspace" pose. You are the picture of youth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you. What I wouldn't do for a Lindt chocolate bunny right now!
    Nice photo!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the haircut, the needlecase (oh, that scrappy strip!) and the pincushion. I can't be too late for a bit of chocolate bunny, surely?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your real age and you look at least 10 years younger and I`m not just saying that. In my post yesterday I had the front door mat behind me so we all do it. Liking the new hair cut and I desperately need one. Your needlecase and pinnie are gorgeous. Enjoy the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute swaps, great colours too!
    My son would prefer grapes to chocolate!! Kids are strange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Susan you have the prettiest eyes! Can't understand why you're so camera shy, but glad to see that is changing. Great makes btw, and don't eat that bunny all at once! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful honey! Great haircut and not only were you fibbing about the bossoms but I now believe you've been adding a good 10 years to your age too. :-P
    And as for Em and the Chocolate, as long as the tests can prove that she is fit and well in body & mind, be thankful you'll get more chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. its a lovely photo and lovely hair cut. Love the goodies, especially the pincushions. Don't you just love silent partners!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like a photo of you 'after' the chocolate bunny!!!

    Lovely makery, and photo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Hair! And your self portrait is fab...wheelie bin and all! :o)

    As a child, I can remember finding Easter chocolate long after Easter (like while dusting the ornaments in the living room) and never hesitating to help myself to the lucky find...finders keepers! So if Emily doesn't want her chocolate then I say Happy Days to you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She cant be yours!

    I have a matching wheelie bin. See- we are twins. And unfortunate things get caught in almost all of my photos. A lot of cropping goes on here before they hit the blog.

    Love that haircut. You really are gorgeous. I'm off to get mine done tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab haircut! And I've met you in real life and it's definitely you! And I love the makes, beatiful! Enjoy the bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cute smile has nothing to do with taking a photo, or the really fab haircut but all to to with that Lindt chocolate bunny! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the warm colours in your scrappy makes - they're beautiful. As is you new 'do'!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mother has frequently questioned whether I was her child - my father's definitely, hers, not so much, and as she points out, she was asleep when I was born, and who knows who else he may have had going on the side... ;o) Enjoy the bunny!

    Love your wee goodies, sure your partner will too :o)

    Cute hair cut

    ReplyDelete
  17. ach, you're gorgeous!

    love your little scrappy gifts - very nicely put together and lovely combos....and what a fabulous find - not only chocolate but Lindt as well - very seredipitous - go get a tatts ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  18. and of course i meant serendipitous

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think a chocolate bunny would last that lone in our household - especially a Lindt one:) Lovely photo of you Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your needle book and pinnie are pretty and so is your hair! Lovely photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the hair - you look great! I am amazed the chocolate bunny doesn't look any worse for wear after spending all that time in the closet. It is time for him to come out.

    Great pin cushion...quite a leap from the last.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hair looking fab! Great photo - I always look like a troll when I try and do the hold camera at arms length self portrait thingy. The needlebook and pinnie are adorable. As for the chocolate bunny. My niece has given me chocolate before because she's not bothered. Oh hang on maybe not. Maybe I just stole it when she was at school. Shock! Horror! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice hair!! And I can't believe she left that bunny! Lindt of all flavours! Ah well her loss is your gain. Hopefully not too literally ;)
    Sorry shouldn't put you off your chocolate. Just bitter that I can't be there to share with I expect lol...
    (PS my girls would have both made short work of that so there is no doubting who they came from! )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.