Saturday 5 March 2011

Scored an Own Goal (sort of)

I woke up this morning full of good intentions. Get the laundry in the machine, have my breakfast and then do some sewing. It was all going to plan until I did 'that mother thing'. I got annoyed with the instant, upon awakening, bickering that broke out between my two little angels beasts. And then I gave them an all day tv and computer ban. Cue the cries of dismay and the unrepentent mother scene. I told them to get on with finding something to do and entertain themselves. They did.

With my cutting board and sewing machine! Arggghhhh!

Okay, I know, this is a very good thing because they are happy, smiley people again and they are doing something they love just about as much as I do. But... but... but it's my machine. I want to play with it.

Never mind. Here they are, hard at work...


Helen is working on a version of a pattern that she drew up before Christmas and I just told her what size to cut her squares -



Her new one is going to be in a brighter colours and for a friend's birthday that is coming up. Emily is continuing with a stack and slash mini quilt she started on before Christmas -



Meanwhile I am left doing the (sob) ironing. Horror of all horrors! Maybe I will get my turn this afternoon. All fingers and toes are crossed.

Susan

Update: They just decided to go out on their bikes. Woohoo! I've got to go. I have a sewing machine calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.